MTG is a company that has been trading for more than 50 years in Spain and who are specialists in creating bucket protection systems for earthmoving machinery and experts in the production of GET for multiple market sectors such as construction, mining and dredging. MTG also collaborate with OEMs on their fundamental requirements for bucket protection systems.
Today MTG’s distribution network extends all over the world: Europe, Far East, North America, South America, Africa and Asia.
ESP Africa (Pty) Ltd is a distributor of MTG for South Africa.
The MTG StarMet ranges includes the MTGtwist tooth-adapter locking solution (hammerless), the back of the pin for the tooth has a type of allen key arrangement. The pin is secured by utilising a special extractor tool (type of T bar with allen key head).
This eliminates the chance of an accident, no hammering in of pin, means no possibility of flying particles. There is also less effort needed due to the system being hammerless. Only one operator is needed to do the tooth change.
Key features and benefits
- The locking system offers an excellent retention of the tip.
- The tooth has an optimised design providing better penetration and more wear material with less throw away.
- The adapter is designed to protect the weld and the legs from the lower and lateral wear and tear thus increasing the life of the adapter.
- The adapter also has additional protection through the use of a wear cap which slides over the head of the adapter.
- This also extends the life of the adapter.
- The fitting system of tooth-adapter is designed for optimum distribution of forces for maximum resistance and strength.
- The locking system provides the opportunity to reuse the pin.
The MTG Systems StarMet is an innovative hammerless system for Construction, Quarries and Mining. It is an optimal, robust and resistant design for excavators and loaders affording the end user greater savings and productivity.